Tuesday, July 5, 2011

The worst blogger in the world

If there was a blog award for lack of consistency and broken promises, I would win. The year is half over, and I'm only 1/4 of the way to my goal. But, that isn't going to stop me from posting some recipes and pictures today!

Recipe #27: Lemon-pistachio chicken over greens

This was a very tasty, light summer meal, but it was a pain in the ass to shell all of the pistachios. Do they sell already shelled pistachios? Regardless, we really enjoyed this one. The honey made it have a slightly sweet flavor, which I really liked, but then again I was one of those weird kids who dipped her chicken nuggets in honey. Did anyone else do that?


Recipe #28 Almond sour cream pound cake

This recipe is from Paula Deen, so I knew it would be tasty. I didn't have orange extract on hand, but I think it was delicious without it. I heaped some fresh strawberries on top along with fresh whipped cream (not pictured).

1 comment:

  1. Yes they do occasionally sell shelled pistachios but they're usually more expensive. But I will agree that shelling them is a pain in the butt. Both recipes look yummy! I've been neglecting my blog too lately with my mind being on other things, but I'm trying to get better.

    ReplyDelete