Monday, March 28, 2011

Oreo Cheesecake

Recipe # 19: Oreo Cheesecake

This is a recipe I made a while ago, but forgot to post. Our friends invited us over for dinner a couple months ago, and I offered to bring a dessert. 

Cheesecakes are a specialty of mine (if I do say so myself), so I copied Caitlin and make an Oreo version of my favorite cheesecake recipe, Eagle Brand's Creamy Baked Cheesecake. I substituted Oreos for the graham crackers, and put 1/2 cup of Oreo crumbs in the batter.

I was really happy with how this came out. I baked it in a water bath, and it didn't crack at all on top. To do this, put your cheesecake on a jelly roll pan and put about 1/2 inch of water in the pan. This makes the oven nice and steamy, and your cake won't crack on top.


I decorated the top with whipped cream and mini-Oreos:


No comments:

Post a Comment